Friday, January 24, 2014

The Farmhouse, Burlington VT






While exploring Vermont Tuesday night, we stumbled upon a great hidden gem; The Farmhouse Tap & Grill in Burlington, Vermont.
 
 
The Farmhouse is a farm-to-table gastropub dedicated to showcasing many of the area's local farms and food producers. They feature award-winning local burgers, comfort entrees, artisan cheeses, house made charcuterie, and innovative specials. Head Chef, Chef Phillip, hails from The New England Culinary Institute and worked in some of the most recognized Vermont super-restaurants, Trattoria Delia and Hen of the Wood.
 
 
Drinks were a must so I ordered a Citzen Cider brand Pruner's Pride. It was different from any hard cider I've had before. Perfectly crisp and tart, I really enjoyed it.
 
 
For dinner I had the turkey burger. You could tell the turkey patty was definitely hand-made. It was topped with Vermont cheese, grilled onions, pickles, arugula, and cranberry sauce. Hand-cut fries from locally-grown potatoes were served on the side. I wanted to order an extra one to-go, that's how good it was!
 
 
Condiments were all prepared in-house. Chef Phillips created the best tasting ketchup, honey mustard, hot sauce, and aioli, I've ever had. We debated asking if we could take a bottle home with us, haha!
 
 
After our very filling burgers, I had no room for dessert. I snapped a picture of the dessert menu so everyone could see the sweet treats pastry chef, Chef Samantha Noakes, had created. We actually ordered a piece of the JSF Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake to-go and ate it a little later. It was absolutely delicious.
 
 
If you're ever in Vermont, I highly recommend getting dinner at The Farmhouse. I am looking forward to my next trip to up there just so I can try out some of the other menu items.
 
Chef Phillips and Chef Samantha Noakes sure know how to devour the details when bringing farm-to-table, and I hope this trend finds its way to MA sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment