Thursday, November 7, 2013

Food Feature: Wicked Kickin' Savory Cheesecake

So I am a street teamer for Mix 104.1 and I get to do promotions at a lot of events. Last night, we were promoting at Stylefixx, a shopping and tasting event held at Boston Center for the Arts. It is a great fashion event filled with Boston's trendiest vendors. When our table died down, I took a stroll around the venue and checked out what these vendors had to offer. I was blown away by one table in particular; Wicked Kickin' Savory Cheesecake.

You might say I was attracted to this table just because I was starving but being a foodie, I really thought this was a wicked interesting concept. Wicked Kickin’ Savory Cheesecake originally began as a fundraiser based out of New Bedford, MA. The cheesecakes are made to be served as an appetizer or for dinner. The idea is that they're savory, made from ingredients you don't typically find in desserts. Each cheesecake is named after a person or place of interest in Massachusetts and Rhode Island AND they're gluten free (not to mention, absolutely delicious).

I was lucky enough to sample the "Wicked Kickin' Chicken", spicy chicken, red onion, blue cheese, and buffalo sauce. The cheesecakes are best served warm; alone or with crackers. I'm not a huge fan of buffalo chicken but this was seriously delicious. I highly recommend getting one of these for your next Sunday Funday Football Party.

Some other cheesecakes they offer are:

"The Whitey Bulger" Tomato, fresh basil, garlic, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
"The Green Monstah" Broccoli, spinach, garlic, red and green peppers, green onions, mushroom, parmesan, mozzarella, and feta cheese.
"The Beantown" Barbecue pork, red onion, and cheddar cheese.

The cheesecakes come in two sizes, 6 or 9 inches, and vary in price from $15-$30 dollars.

 
Make sure to check out Wicked Kickin' Savory Cheesecake and give your guests something to devour at your next party!

No comments:

Post a Comment