Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Music To My Ears

One crucial element to any wedding is the music selection. From the wedding reception entrance to the mother-son dance, each song needs to grab the attention of your guests and even make them get on their feet! I did some research and found some tunes from various artists and genres that will make your wedding attendees move in their seats. Check them out below!

I Wed Solutions put together a fabulous list of songs for a grand wedding reception entrance. I liked this list because it is definitely a mix from pop to rock.

Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling
Black Eyed Peas – Let’s Get It Started
Pitt Bull ft Christina Aguilera – Feel This Moment
Pit Bull ft T-Pain – Hey Baby (Drop it to the Floor)
U2 – Beautiful Day
Cascada – Evacuate the Dance Floor
Chris Brown – Forever
T.I. ft Jay-Z – Bring ‘Em Out
Michael Franti & Spearhead – Say Hey (I Love You)
Pink – Get The Party Started
Jennifer Lopez ft Pitbull – On the Floor
Kool & The Gang – Celebration
Survivor – Eye Of The Tiger
Madonna – Holiday
LMFAO – Party Rock Anthem
Natalie Cole – This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)
Beyonce ft Jay-Z – Crazy In Love
AC/DC – Thunderstruck
Beatles – All You Need Is Love
Taio Cruz – Dynamite
Queen – Another One Bites The Dust
Dropkick Murphys – I’m Shipping Up To Boston
Guns N’ Roses – Welcome To The Jungle
2 Unlimited – Get Ready For This
Europe – The Final Countdown
Sister Sledge – We Are Family
Michael Jackson – The Way You Make Me Feel
Right Said Fred – I’m Too Sexy
Run DMC ft Aerosmith – Walk This Way
Tone Loc – Wild Beats
Kesha – Tik Tok
Coldplay – Viva La Vida
Peter Gabriel – Sledgehammer
Queen – You’re My Best Friend
Verve – Bitter Sweet Symphony
Justin Timberlake – Sexyback
Usher ft Will.I.Am – OMG
Usher ft Ludacris & Lil’ Jon – Yeah!
Usher – More
Stevie Wonder – Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours
Nat King Cole – L-O-V-E
Katrina & The Waves – Walking On Sunshine
Jason Mraz – I’m Yours
Vitamin String Quartet – Bittersweet Symphony
ZZ Top – Sharp Dressed Man
Alan Parsons Project – Sirius
Bill Conti – Gonna Fly Now
Kevin Rudolph ft Lil Wayne – Let It Rock
Darkness – I Believe In A Thing Called Love
Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers – Why Do Fools Fall in Love
Flo Rida ft Kesha – Right Round
Flo Rida – Good Feeling
Heavy D & The Boyz – Now That We Found Love
Smash Mouth – I’m A Believer
Daft Punk – One More Time
Fergie ft Ludacris – Glamorous
James Brown – I Feel Good
Earth, Wind & Fire – September
Beatles – With A Little Help From My Friends
Ozzy Osborne – Crazy Train
AC/DC – Back In Black
Kevin Rudolf – Let it Rock
Frank Sinatra – Love and Marriage
Rob Base & DJ E.Z. Rock – It Takes Two
Fratellis – Chelsea Dagger


After that amazing entrance comes the most important dance of the night; the first dance as newlyweds. TheKnot.Com provides a list of 2014's hottest wedding songs. What a great selection.

"All of Me," John Legend
"Safe and Sound," Capital Cities
"XO," Beyoncé
"Treasure," Bruno Mars
"Somebody Loves You," Betty Who
"Happy," Pharrell Williams
"Who You Love," John Mayer featuring Katy Perry
"Same Love," Macklemore
"Closer," Tegan and Sara
"I Don't Dance," Lee Brice
"Mirrors," Justin Timberlake
"The Moon Song," Karen O
Next we have the Father-Daughter dance. This list comes from a Baltimore radio Station, Mix 106.5.

Darius Rucker – “It Won’t Be Like This For Long”
John Mayer – “Daughters”
Fleetwood Man – “Landslide”
Luther Vandross – “Dance With My Father”
Trace Adkins – “Just Fishin’"
Stevie Wonder – “Isn’t She Lovely”
Natalie Cole with Nat King Cole – “Unforgettable”
Celine Dion – “Because You Loved Me”
Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole – “Over The Rainbow”
Edwin McCain – “Walk With You”
Paul Simon – “Father And Daughter”
Beatles – “In My Life”
Frank Sinatra – “The Way You Look Tonight”
Steven Curtis Chapman – “Cinderella”
Rascal Flatts – “My Wish”
Louis Armstrong – “What A Wonderful World”
Bob Carlisle – “Butterfly Kisses”
Temptations – “My Girl”
Tim McGraw – “My Little Girl”
Heartland – “I Loved Her First”

Lastly, the Mother-Son dance. I love this list by Bridal Guide because it gives awesome descriptions of the songs and what types of moms they'd be good for!

For Soulful Moms
"A Song For Mama" - Boyz II Men
A bit of a tear jerker, but this 90’s hit is a classic for the groom who is still a proud mama’s boy.

"God Bless The Child" – the original Billie Holiday version or Tony Bennett’s version
A classic, plain and simple. Both Billie and Tony do it justice; pick the artist your mom likes more.

"My Mother's Eyes" - Etta Jones
A jazzy and sweet song for a slower mother-son dance.

"To Zion" – Lauryn Hill
A great choice for a modern mom with a big heart.

For Country Mamas
"I Hope You Dance" - Lee Ann Womack
A new country classic that hits a sentimental yet joyful note.

"Coat of Many Colors" – Dolly Parton
A whimsical but touching country classic that your mom probably already knows and loves.

"My Wish" – Rascal Flatts
A modern country hit with a great melody and a positive message.

For Sentimental Moms
"Beautiful Boy" – John Lennon
A great tribute to a loving son.

"In My Life" – The Beatles
The quintessential song about the bond between parent and child.

"I’ll Have to Say I Love You in a Song" – Jim Croce
A simple song with big meaning for this special moment.

"Teach Your Children" – Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
A great choice for moms who remember (and love) the music of the 60’s and 70’s.

"What a Wonderful World" - Louis Armstrong
This is the classic mother-son dance song. It’s not "fresh," but it never gets old.

For Moms with a Humorous Side
"Take Your Mama" – Scissor Sisters
A really upbeat and fresh song for a lighthearted dance that guests will love to watch.

"Mama Tried" - Merle Haggard
A great track for the formerly rebellious groom who wants to tease his mom a little bit.

"Your Mama Don't Dance" - Loggins & Messina
A humorous twist on the occasion with a song everyone knows and loves.

For the Rocker Mom
"Sweet Child O' Mine" - Guns N' Roses
A fun song for an upbeat mother-son dance.

"Simple Man" – Lynyrd Skynyrd
A slower rock song that’s a mom tribute.

Essentially, it's all up to you on what you decide but I hope these lists inspire you to devour the details of your wedding music selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment