- 1 15-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tsp espresso powder (optional, boosts chocolate flavour)
- 3 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, such as Lily's, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium California Avocados
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 3/4 tsp chipotle powder (depending on how spicy you like it. Alternatively, you can use chile powder but it is more mild)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the coconut milk, sweetener, and espresso powder until sweetener has dissolved. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate. Let sit 4 minutes until chocolate is melted, then whisk until smooth. Whisk in vanilla extract.
- In a blender or food processor, combine avocados, chocolate mixture, cinnamon, and chipotle. Puree until smooth. Refrigerate until cool, at least 2 hours.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and churn until consistency resembles soft serve ice cream (this takes less time than custard based ice creams). Serve as soft serve or transfer to an airtight container and freeze another few hours for a firmer consistency.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this healthy take on dessert and devour the details of treating yourself free of guilt all summer long!