Monday, April 27, 2015

Second Glass Wine Riot Recap

Saturday night I attended the Second Glass Wine Riot in Boston at the Park Plaza Castle and had a blast! Couldn't have asked for a better night. Upon arriving, the staff greeting the attendees were lively and fun to talk to! They scanned my ticket, gave me an awesome wristband, and handed me my stem-less wine glass so I could be on my way to wine heaven. I can't even begin to tell you all of the wines we tasted but I can show you some photos from the night that will surely make you want to devour the details of this event!

The pivotal Wine Riot light-up sign was on display above the live DJ who played some good wine-drinking tunes all night!

 
They also had tape markings on the floor where attendees could stand to get the perfect shot with the Wine Riot sign!
 
 
To help navigate your way around the castle, Second Glass had this fun directional! I stared at it for quite some time.

 
Plus this map was extremely helpful!
 
 
We had to hit up the photobooth. There were so many props to choose from!

 
We went for these fun ones!
 
 
One of our favorite sections was the bubbly bar. They had the friendliest reps and every single one was tasty!

 
The Food Should Taste Good crackers and chips were a big hit. We also enjoyed the reps at this table, they were very fun!

 

We also devoured some Brooklyn Oyster Party oysters in the matter of seconds. Perfect snack pairing with some of our favorite wines!
 

 
Union Square Donuts from Somerville was also present. We did not get a chance to take a photo of our Maple Bacon Glazed Donut because we ate it that quickly. It was absolutely delicious and the rep was super nice. Highly recommend their return for the next Riot!
 
And now for my favorite part of the night. Total fan girl moment right here. I dedicatedly watched the first season of the Great Food Truck Race to solely follow these guys right here. Taking grilled cheese to the next level, these Boston-natives, brothers James and Mike and can't forget Chef Marc, dominated the competition, making a name for themselves one crazy challenge at a time. Roxy's Grilled Cheese food truck can now be spotted all over Boston and currently occupies a storefront in Allston. We couldn't be happier for them and all of the recognition they're receiving!

 
Oh yeah, just me and James enjoying some quality time (thanks for putting up with me)!
 
 
There were a ton of other vendors and of course the wine reps that were all fantastic as well. You can view a full listing at the Wine Riot website. Lastly, I just wanted to share all of the swag we picked up along our Wine Riot journey!

 
If you want to learn more and drink quality wines, this event is totally for you. Check Second Glass out and join them in devouring the details at the next Wine Riot in Boston, October 23rd-24th!

No comments:

Post a Comment