On LinkedIn I am part of the Event Planning & Event Management - the 1st Group for Event Professionals group. Every so often they do a roundup of interesting news and discussions happening in the group. If you're not a member already, this is a great group to be a part of.
I thought it would be beneficial to share their discussion topics and what recent blog posts they found most informative. These readings are an important tool to stay up on industry trends and expand your knowledge. So, if the event industry is the career path you're wanting to take, or if you're already involved and want to learn more, I highly recommend checking out this group and the great information they share.
- Social Media Subgroup: What are the challenges you have had with Mobile Apps at your meetings?
- International Networking & Professional Development: Things to keep in mind when communicating in a global setting.
- Caribbean Subgroup: What professional associations provide value for Caribbean event planners?
- Latin America: 3 Tendencias tecnológicas que están transformando el mundo de los eventos
- Asia: LinkedIn has Launched its Simplified Chinese Beta Site
- Hiring a Speaker? Here’s How to Ensure You Get Change That Sticks! http://t.co/aEdNaZi1cn
- 20 Mistakes Events Make on Social Media and How to Fix Them http://eventmb.com/1iZ9m8r
- Team Building is not a 1/2 day Event http://bit.ly/1aWpmHu
- The Changing Nature of Trade Shows http://eventmb.com/1iZ9tkp
- Team Building: When & Where to Schedule it http://bit.ly/1fk8V8g
- Team Building: 12 Ways Executives are Missing the Mark http://bit.ly/1hKqzyU
Never stop exposing yourself to new ways of learning and always, devour the details!