Monday, December 29, 2014

Margaret Elizabeth

One of the most thoughtful Christmas gifts I have received came this year from my favorite Santa, my boyfriend Chris. He got me the most fabulous ring - a very fashionable, very 'me' ring. The story behind getting this ring in particular, was the thoughtful part. Chris researched some websites and found Margaret Elizabeth; a jewelry line designed by Meg Shackleton, a Boston College alum. He though this gift would be great because 1. I would love it, 2. She's from Boston, and 3. I could read up on Meg and then blog about her business.

Just the sweetest, right? So here I am, blogging about Margaret Elizabeth, and I couldn't be happier to share her story! Meg is the sole designer behind Margaret Elizabeth. She founded Margaret Elizabeth while a student at Boston College, hosting her very first trunk show in her dorm room. She went on to work at Google where she spent four years in online advertising; an incredible opportunity to get a strong business background. In 2011, she left the corporate world to pursue Margaret Elizabeth full time and hasn't looked back. Now with her own store front, she is growing and gaining more and more admirers everyday, including myself.

I received the Cushion Cut Aqua Chalcedony Ring, a semi precious stone in a bezel setting, made of 24k gold vermeil. His favorite color with my favorite cut, couldn't be more perfect. I am definitely a lucky girl! Check out Margaret Elizabeth to see all of Meg's designs and also read her blog that features everything from jewelry production to her favorite cocktails. We love the way Meg devours the design details and wish her much success with Margaret Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment