1. Chicken Chili: Served in a Mason jar, this cornbread-topped chili is an ideal handheld eat. Wrap yourself up in a blanket and take your place by the fire for the ultimate warming experience.
2. Green Chile and Chorizo Soup With Smokey Croutons: Smokey, spicy flavors factor heavily into this delicious soup.
3. Smokey Homemade Cheese Crackers: Nibble on these cheesy crackers solo or crumble them over your next bowlful of soup.
4. Smokey Gouda Mac + Cheese: Totally from scratch, this creamy mac and cheese is the epitome of comfort food.
5. Smoked Whiskey Apple Cider Cocktail: Featuring an array of spices and smokey whiskey, this hot concoction will warm you (and your mug) right up.
6. Rustic Soup of Roasted Tomato, Chunky Smoked Bacon and Red Lentil: No ordinary tomato soup here — chunky veggies, bacon and lentils all add a significant amount of substance to each spoonful.
7. Smokey Minestrone With Tortellini Pesto: Good things happen when stuffed pasta and soup get together. Give this minestrone a go and you’ll know exactly what we’re talking about.
8. Chai Hot Toddy: Spiced tea and hot toddies are a match made in mixology heaven.
9. Baked Eggs With Potato Hash: Brunch is decadent enough as is, but enjoying it fireside just adds a little something extra to the experience. Combining eggs, potatoes and bacon in one dish, this hash makes it a cinch to cover all of your brunch bases in just a single bite.
10. Smokey Chickpea Bowl With Oozey Cheese (Vegan): There may be no meat or cheese involved in this burrito bowl, but it’s anything but wimpy. It packs a hearty, belly-warming punch into each helping.
11. Apple Bourbon Hand Pies With Whole Wheat Cinnamon Crust: We’re of the opinion that when it comes to fireside eats, the fewer utensils the better. These pastries allow you to have your hand pie and eat it too.
12. The Canyon Bistro’s French Onion Soup: The secret’s out. Making bistro-quality French onion soup at home is ridiculously simple.
13. Bourbon and Salted Caramel Popcorn: Between the toasty bourbon and salted caramel, this popcorn is meant for fireside munchies. Add a movie to the mix for an even more enhanced experience.
14. Butternut Squash Soup With Bacon, Goat Cheese and Pistachios: Now this is one indulgent bowlful of butternut squash soup. Between the bacon, goat cheese and heavy cream, this recipe will sway even the harshest of winter squash skeptics out there.
15. Thick and Spicy Hot Chocolate: This rich, intensely chocolatey mugful warmed by a hint of cinnamon and chili is where it’s at; save those cocoa packets for another day.
Now I'm hungry! If these 15 featured foods don't keep you warm, I don't know what will! I hope this post helps you devour the details of Snomageddon and block out the blizzard for good!