We all love taking memorable pictures with our families during holiday parties so here's a creative idea that will bring joy for years to come.
Head over to your local crafts store and pick up some different color foam paper. Cut out your favorite holiday props and glue them to some extra-long skewers. Use these props to take funny family photos.
Print these photos right away to make these awesome take-home snow globes for your family. These are really easy to make in a short amount of time. I have included the supplies needed and directions from Pop Sugar Mom & Kids below.
- Mason jar (or any clear jar with a tight lid, large enough to fit your picture once cut out)
- Glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Laminate paper (can purchase at any craft or office supply store)
- Mini-styrofoam balls
- Embellishment pieces (suggested embellishments: mini Christmas trees, fake berries, mini-pinecones, mini-bells)
- Take your pictures and cut out each person.
- Use your laminate paper pouch, and laminate your cut out picture.
- Once you laminate, cut out your person again, but make sure to leave an edge around the picture so it stays sealed.
- Then you want to unscrew the lid to your jar. With the mini-styrofoam balls (they can be painted and then glittered first or left white), slide the picture into the ball so they can be glued and stand straight. Once you do this, seal the picture into the slit of the ball with some hot glue.
- Next, glue the ball onto the lid of the jar, making sure the front of the picture will face the smooth part of the jar.
- Take your embellishments and glue them around your picture to make a nice background scene. During this step, make sure to leave enough room around the edge of the lid so you can screw it back onto the jar.
- Now you can fill your jar up, almost to the top with water. Then add your glitter. Then add glycerin to the water, which will help the glitter float a little bit slower (usually about 2-3 teaspoons per cup of water). Now your design attached to the lid can be screwed into the jar.
- If you want, you can put some hot glue on the lid to seal it closed, but it's best to wait to seal it just in case you need to make any adjustments after you place it in the water.