Thursday, January 2, 2014

I am Elle Woods

One of my favorite movies of all time is Legally Blonde. Reese Witherspoon is truly inspirational in the comedic role of Elle Woods, a blonde sorority girl from LA who, despite all odds, becomes a true success story at Harvard Law. As I recently watched this movie, I thought about throwing a Legally Blonde themed party. Then I thought, this would be the perfect theme for my own birthday. So, until my birthday in August, make sure to practice your bend and snap and buy something pink to wear!

Here are my ideas..

Tablescape, pink of course, with various linen styles, stripes and polka dots! I would definitely want my party outside since it's in the summer, so a setting like this is perfect.

 
 
These pinks balloons inside bigger clear balloons, tied with ribbons, creates a unique look. I would lengthen the ribbon and use balloon weights so I could put them around the perimeter of where the table would be setup outside.
 
 
 
The popcorn and candy bars are a cute way to incorporate quotes from the movie and give my guests something to snack on and take home.
 
 

 
 
Blinged out champagne bottles would be a must at my next birthday. Keeping the pink theme throughout the party is crucial because as Elle would say "whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed".
 
 
 
These vintage-looking Barbie water bottles would be my party favors.
 
 
 
And you bet my outfit would look something like this, except I would get a basket big enough to put my puppy in, just like Elle!
 
 
 
 
I can't wait to devour the rest of the details for this party!

No comments:

Post a Comment