Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Misselwood

Today was a rough day. I cringed all day long thinking about obtaining a full time job; a mission I've been on since January. Numerous e-mails, phone-calls, and interviews but nothing. Two degrees in the bag and I'm still making $10/hour. With loan bills continuously creeping up, I pondered why I even went to school at all. But then I remembered Misselwood. Probably one of the main reasons I stuck with the hospitality program at Endicott College.

Until I stepped foot onto campus, I swear I had never seen anything so nice in my life. Beautiful ocean views, amazing beaches, and historic architecture all in one place. Misselwood embodies some of my favorite college memories; service management, culinary, events management projects, Homecoming, senior week festivities, and so much more. The staff alone that has worked there and are still working there have given me some of the best advice I've ever received. I'm not sure I would've made it through college in the hospitality program without them.

Misselwood hosts many different types of events; corporate and social. Within Misselwood, you have Misselwood House, Misselwood Tent, and the Carriage House. However, most events are held in Misselwood Tent and Misselwood House. Misselwood House is home to the college's restaurant, La Chanterelle. It is open during the school year because it is a learning restaurant for students in the hospitality program. But anyways, back to the events at Misselwood. They are the epitome of beautiful and if you don't believe me, check it out yourself.

oceanfront ceremony
 
sunset tent
 
 

 
Thank you Misselwood for giving me the confidence and hunger to devour the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment